Friday, August 29, 2008

Energized


Over the past several months I have been growing weary of the political process. The primaries didn't yield a candidate that I could really get behind and support 100%. I'm not going to get into specifics on the issues that I disagree with but it was enough to cause me some trepidation in one of our greatest responsibilities and rights as Americans.


However, today I was energized at the choice of John McCain's running mate, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. She brings a historic element to the McCain ticket similar to that of the Obama ticket, which assures a clearly historic election no matter what. I like everything about her from her strong family values to her outdoor lifestyle to her nickname the "barracuda". While she might lack some foreign policy experience this will come with time, good advisers, and of course with being linked with McCain in the Oval Office. I can see this woman as America's first female President.
Finally someone on any of the tickets that reenegizes the race.

No comments: